Birth is one of the most extraordinary events of this world so why are people hesitant to hire a professional photographer to capture the occasion? You don’t want an extra person in the room? Or maybe you don’t want to remember all-the-gory-details.
For anyone who needs some convincing, here are ten reasons why a birth shouldn’t go un-photographed.
1. You forget. Birth is a blurry event. Let photos jog back positive memories. “Oh yeah... that’s when we discovered he was a boy! And that’s when we told my parents his name.”
2. Babies change so quickly. By the time you pick up a camera their feet have stretched out and that crooked nose has already slightly straightened.
3. Let your partner hold your hand, not the camera. Dad deserves to be in photos too.
4. See yourself the first time you see your baby.
5. Be a trendsetter. Birth photography is new, but it’s catching on. Be the person that sets the trends and has the photos instead of the person that wishes they would have had the photos after the fact.
6. Remember the details. When you and your partner get in a fight over your child’s birth weight, you can pull out the photos to prove you’re right.
7. Quality crisp images. Your iPhone camera won’t cut-it in a dark birth room and will leave you with blurry images.
8. Capture the Emotions. The birth of a baby is a beautiful story of support, strength, determination and love. It’s the best day of your life and one you’ll want to remember forever.
9. To prove it’s your child. Remember how the media claimed Beyonce never gave birth? A birth photographer could have quashed those rumours flat!
10. Don’t just tell your child their birth story, show them.
Find more information about hiring a professional birth photographer at birthphotographers.ca
Canadian Birth Photographers was founded February, 2013 in response to the rising popularity of birth photography. The directory lists over 30 professionals across Canada and serves to connect expectant parents with birth photographers, to educate Canadians about birth photography, and to showcase extraordinary birth images.
7/25/2013 03:48:46 am
I CANNOT WAIT to give birth for the first time in December (or maybe it'll be January)... I will DEFINITELY have a birth photographer there!
12/4/2013 04:22:03 am
I'm so looking forward to hiring a birth photographer for the birth of my third child. I treasure the photos I have of my first two birth experiences, and can only imagine how much better they will be with a professional.
Leave a Reply.